03 January 2017

New Year - my word....

I love the new trend of having a word that carries you thru the beginning of the year and on thru out the whole year instead of New Year's Resolutions.  My word this year is FORGIVENESS.  I am going to work on forgiveness for those who have hurt me and forgive myself for joining in all the drama that people cause.  I want to be closer to God and take part of my word "GIVE" and really work on just randomly giving things to people.  Whether it be love, time or little gifts here and there, giving is so much better than receiving. 

It was almost one year ago that my sweet husband had his horrible injury.  God has been so good to us and guided him to a 90% success rate at the Center for the Intrepid rather than the 80% they first said he would have.  I think it was all the beautiful soldiers there rehabilitating that kept my husband's spirits up.  That and the love of our family....we sure wrapped our arms around him this year.  He is doing so well, back to trying to get healthy and the best part, he can golf again too!!

We celebrated our 25 years of marriage this year.  We had big plans but five months of intense Occupational Therapy kept us close to home but that's alright.  I remember his surgeon saying that he was lucky, most people had brain injuries or broken backs from this type of fall.  Again, GOD is GOOD!!!

Christmas....my sweet husband bought me a dream machine, something I had always wanted but could not see the extra money even though it was far better made than most machines. Just like Swiss Watches, Bernina is the Cadillac of sewing and I am a proud owner of their best!  The girls at the Bernina store have plans for me to teach there once I learn the Bernina way (entirely different way of sewing).  I am so happy!!! 

The other plans I have are to basically bare bones my home....I am selling a lot of stuff....I no longer feel compelled to have all those decorations.  Family is so more important than any one THING!
I spent yesterday in the garage and on our garage sale fb for the neighborhood and got rid of so much....this is awesome




I can hardly wait to get to the studio for a solid week this upcoming week and gift away!!!



What is your word?


1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! : )
    I bet you'll be making lots of beautiful projects with that new machine!!

    ReplyDelete