29 April 2016

Sunflower Days In The Hill Country is alive and well.....

After a couple of years, I am back at blogging.  I hope to share my hobbies with you and pass along helpful hints that I learn by reading and researching about my favorite hobbies.  This is not a family blog but our Family may show up from time to time if participating in my hobbies.

What do I love to do with my time other than my most favorites, God and Family:

1.  Gardening is probably my most favorite and I am right in the middle of one of the best gardening seasons I have ever experienced.
2.  Quilting and Sewing is something I tend to enjoy much more these days since I have finally found my creative side which is "if you don't like it, create your own".  Don't be afraid, you will be surprised what hidden talents you have!
3.  Decorating -- I have finally gotten to the point in my life where less is better and with having so much, getting to less is better is a TASK on it's own.  You just have to put one foot in front of the other!
4.  Woodwork....brand new hobby.  My sweet hubby got seriously injured recently and he is teaching me how to make tables, etc. while he is recuperating at home.  Month two is passing and I have learned so much with a Drill, Wood, Miter Saw and whatever new fun item I can pair with wood to make something awesome.
5.  Reading is still one of my favorites and I enjoy a private book club in my neighborhood.  The sky is the limit and reading can take you anywhere you want to go...
6.  Electrical ....I enjoyed basic electrical in school when it was another option instead of Home Economics.  But now, again with hubby recuperating, he has taught me how to install lights, etc.  I love it, scared of it and find it satisfying to accomplish it.
7.  Shell Seeking -- one of the most peaceful things I can do....I love the beach, enough said.
8.  Bible Journaling - this has been one of the most eye opening gifts that God brought to me...it has saved me.
9.  Zentangle and Coloring -  I belong to an international group that does this and if you can't relax, do this, it will literally put you in the best place....
10. Cooking - yes I think ...yes in fact, my favorite.  Honestly I have learned that you can be the best cook ever....you don't have to try very hard.  Just like gardening, it has to be interesting to you and you can't fear cooking.....test the limits, create new things, share....  Segway to Share.....Sharing is probably my God given right.  I love to share all my hobbies with others so just in case one has that tiny little interest and can't get started, I can be here to encourage you.
11.  Soap and lotion bar crafts and just crafts in general...so much fun!


There probably is more but I have to accomplish at least one of them at least while it is still day light....

I am so happy to be back.  I wish you a beautiful God loving day.  Pamie G.







5 comments:

  1. So glad to see you back blogging. You sure have lots of things going on to keep you busy!! Sorry to hear that Don was injured!! Hope you makes a complete recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We are honored to be headed to The Center For the Intrepid next week. He will have Occupational Therapy there as his injuries are very serious and need good OT and it is the best. We are so grateful for being selected to do it there. We are also so thankful to God that he is not worse as his doctors tells us a lot of injuries like this are head and back injuries. He has about nine months of really working hard to get at least 85% back of his arm. We are praying hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds serious. Was Don in a car accident? I will put him on my prayer list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He fell from a ladder on concrete. Shattered his elbow and arm. They replaced the elbow but arm was fractured so bad they did plates and irrigated all the bone and cartilage out on one side and plated it as well.

      Delete
  4. Oh how awful. Don is the second person I've heard of now that fell from a ladder and got hurt bad.

    ReplyDelete